A Counseling Group for Women
This group is for: Women who have experienced the death of their child during the mid-to-later terms of pregnancy, during or after birth.
The death of a baby is a devastating and life altering experience – one that is physically and emotionally traumatic. There are so many emotions including shock, sadness, anger, despair and longing. It’s not uncommon for women to struggle with not knowing how to grieve such an unexpected loss. With help and therapeutic interventions we support you through this process.
This is more than a support group. We will:
- Provide a safe space for you to talk about your baby and nurture your grief
- Validate your role as a mother, and find ways to connect to your parenthood
- Learn coping skills to help manage day-to-day life after loss
- Learn how to trust your body again
- Talk with other women who understand what you are experiencing
- Make decisions about what’s next
Facilitator: Lindsey Henke, MSW, LICSW »
To register: Submit your insurance here » (most insurance accepted) or call 612-296-3800.