Moms Emotional Coping Skills Group
A Skills-Based Group*
This group is for:
Pregnant women and mothers of infants and young children up to 8 years old.
Choose from two group times:
Tuesdays, 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – OR – Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
This group will teach you coping skills to better manage your emotions and those of your children, tolerate day-to-day stressors and life events, and better navigate relationships.
This skills group is especially helpful for women struggling with depression or anxiety symptoms and/or difficulty managing feelings of sadness, hopelessness, guilt, worry, fear, irritability, and anger. We will teach coping skills needed to manage the transition into parenthood and beyond, conflicts that arise in relationships, and how to negotiate the ongoing practice of self-care as a mother.
This group will focus on four skill-building areas*:
- Mindfulness skills to help stay in the present moment and increase positive experience.
- Distress tolerance skills to help manage the emotional and physical challenges of parenthood.
- Emotional regulation skills to gain control over intense feelings.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to become more effective in relationships.
This is an ongoing group. We ask that you make a 16-week commitment to learn all of the skills we will present. It may be recommended that you also attend individual therapy along with the group in order to integrate the skills more fully into your life. LGBTQ friendly.
Facilitator: Lindsey Henke, MSW, LICSW »
To Schedule an Intake: Submit your insurance here » (most insurance accepted) or call 612-296-3800.
* This group incorporates skills developed by Marsha Linehan, creator of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). DBT was originally used to treat people with severe mental health & relationship issues. It was soon discovered that this approach is helpful to those experiencing stress, self-esteem issues, and overwhelming emotions & relationship problems. DBT is a evidence-based approach that anyone can benefit from.